Find out if your area is impacted.
- The President has declared it an emergency or disaster. Visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency at FEMA.gov, or call 1-800‑621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362) to see if your area is affected. TTY users can call 1-800-462-7585.
- A governor has declared it an emergency or disaster. Visit the state government’s official website to find out if your area is affected.
- The Secretary of HHS has declared a public health emergency. Visit PHE.gov, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1‑800‑633-4227) to find out if your area is affected, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
If you are affected, GlobalHealth is ready to help you.
Find a doctor or hospital:
We will help you find care if your doctor’s office or other treating providers have been forced to close due to a disaster. Urgent care centers and walk-in clinics can handle many minor injuries and conditions. If it is determined that there are no in-network doctors available, we may cover needed care as in-network and we may even waive normal requirements, such as the need to obtain prior authorization for some services, if it is determined that doctors were unable to follow normal processes during this time of disaster.
Refill a prescription:
We will allow you to refill prescriptions early. This action allows members to replace medicines that were potentially lost, destroyed or left behind during an evacuation. In addition, if your prescription mail order was impacted, you may be able to seek refills at a local pharmacy. And if your prescription has run out, we can help them find an urgent care clinic where they can get a new prescription if needed.
Please follow these helpful tips.
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital or call 911.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call Customer Care to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present your member ID card.
- If you do not have your member ID card, our customer care representatives will assist you.
Other Resources Available.